Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Silhouette Photos


Here's a little update on the a fore mentioned homemade window clings. My tester was dry so I gave it a go. The design peeled off of the page protector pretty easily, and it stuck to the window nicely while looking good from the outside as well. However when I went to pull it off the window, it had stuck too well. Again I don't think I got the best paint, so I'll try another kind and update again. The project of the day to day was a little mother's day gift. I have 3 step-children and 2 children I babysit during the day so needless to say I had to get a jump start on these gifts. For my 2 I babysit for I decided to re-create something I had done in kindergarten. My mother received mine and still has it, so it is something to hold onto for a lifetime! It's a silhouetted photo of your choice subject. There are 2 ways to achieve this outcome. The one I did was by sitting in front of a large piece of paper with a projector shined at me. My teacher then traced the outline of my profile; after that she re-traced my profile onto a black piece of paper and then layered that on to a white piece. It had the classic cameo feel. I however do not babysit a 6 year-old, instead I have a 17 month-old and a 3 year-old. To solve the sitting still problem I took a profile photograph and printed through Walgreen's in the desired size I wanted. As beautiful as the classic cameo look is, I wanted to update the look of this project. So after cutting out the children's profile photo I traced it on to a piece of scrapbook paper and then layered it with working colors. As a finishing touch they will both be framed to hang on the wall. You can personalize this project simply by changing the paper choice. I love it so much I think I might try to make one of our three girls! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment